Fischer englishFische english
Honorary President of the Parliamentary
Address : D-48485 Neuenkirchen
9, Emsdettener Str.
Tel. : (49) 597 39 64 04 (private)
Tel. : (49) 597 39 96 01 (work)
Fax : (49) 597 39 96 00
Born on the 18th July 1935
Catholic, married, three children
Studies : philology at the Westfälische Wilhelms-University, Münster
- English, French and history
- Final examinations in 1959
Political activities (on the national and international level)
· 1968 : Joined the CDU.
· 1975-1991 : Chairman of the Women's Association of North-Rhine-Westphalia.
· Member of the Board of the CDU in North-Rhine-Westphalia.
· Member of the Bundestag since 1976.
· Committee of Foreign Affairs, Committee of Defense, Committee
· Sub-Committee for Cultural Policy in the Committee of Foreign Affairs.
· Representative of the CDU/CSU-Parliamentary Group for the
· Vice-Leader of the German delegation of the Interparliamentary Union.
· Member of the German IPU Delegation 1978-1998.
· Member of the German Committee for UNIFEM.
· Member of the Karl-Arnold-Foundation e.V.
· Member of the German Foundation of Berlin.
· Member of the Executive board of the German Atlantic Association e.V.
· Member of CARE Germany.
· 1985-1999 : Member of the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council
· Has been spokesperson for the German delegation in the Parliamentary
· Chaired the Council of Europe Parliamentary Assembly Committee on Culture and Education
· Chaired the EPP Group at the Council of Europe from 1994-1996
· Member of the Political Committee of the Western European Union
· 1996-1999 : President of the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe.
· Member of the Standing Committee of the WEU.
· Member of the Presidential Committee of the WEU.
· Honorary Member of the German IPU Delegation and of the German CE Delegation
· Since 1999 : Honorary President of the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe